These testing protocols should be followed during the test. Please notify the laboratory of any circumstances that may have affected the test. We appreciate your cooperation.
- KEEP ALL WINDOWS CLOSED DURING THE TEST (INCLUDING ALL THE WINDOWS ON THE UPPER LEVELS)
- Windows should be closed 12 hrs before the test starts or the test duration will be extended.
- KEEP ALL EXTERIOR DOORS CLOSED EXCEPT FOR NORMAL ENTRY & EXIT.
- In general moving, renovation or construction work cannot be conducted while a test is in progress.
- AIR CONDITIONG and HEATING SYSTEMS THAT RECIRCULATE INTERIOR AIR CAN BE OPERATED NORMALLY. Window air conditioners should be operated in recirculation mode only.
- Energy recovery or Heat recovery ventilators may operate during the test if continuously operational.
- FIREPLACES SHOULD NOT BE USED AND DAMPERS SHOULD BE KEPT CLOSED
- WHOLE HOUSE AND ATTIC FANS SHOULD NOT BE USED.
- Attic ventilation fans in the attic only may be used.
- Bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans and range hoods can be operated normally.
- Clothes dryers and washers can be operated normally.
- Humidifiers and air purifiers may be operated normally but should not be placed near the test.
- If possible, lease notify all occupants that windows should be closed and all exterior doors closed except for normal entry and exit for 12 hours before the test starts and for the duration of the test.
Our test devices are harmless, do not emit any chemicals, and the room where the devices are placed may be used normally.